Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Today

Today was fun.
I feel as though I start off every post that way, but each day usually is fun.
I woke up and went to class, found out I got a 98 on my first paper, and watched Pride and Prejudice (with the class). Then I went by my self to Covent Garden for some shopping and walking around. I went to Marks and Spencer and H&M then down to the Piazza and the Apple Market. I browsed around before going to Trafalgar Square where I just sat and looked around and thought. Alone time is very valuable these days since I'm almost always with someone. I've grown accustomed to being alone with my thoughts quite often after living alone for a year. It was nice to have some quiet time.
I had to come back to campus for our Stonehenge orientation. This weekend, we are going to Stonehenge and Salisbury. It's just a day trip, and some people were talking about going the the moors. Of course I really really want to go (I've dreamt about going there for so long!) but I just don't know if I want to. I think I'd rather go there alone. It's a personal thing for me; something that will mean a lot, and I don't want it lessened because of the people I'm with. Plus I don't know how much it will cost, so I'll make a decision when I know that.

After orientation, Bobby and I went to Kensington Gardens and strolled around in the most beautiful park in the world. It's my new favorite place in London for sure. We saw the Peter Pan statue and some Princess Diana Memorial things--plus lots of trees and birds and dogs.

I've promised you pictures, and here they are:


Kenwood House. The only thing about it relevant to Jane Austen is that they shot the 90's version of Mansfield Park here. Also, it's in Notting Hill, the movie with Hugh Grant.

The theatre where we saw Billy Elliot, the best musical ever. If you notice, most of my pictures are of theatres because most of what I do here is go to plays. Nika, I know you're reading, and I want you to know that you're partly responsible for this. lol

Me and Bobby about to see Billy Elliot!

One of the many pretty views at Kensington Gardens

The really cool Peter Pan statue

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

Love.

1 comment: