Saturday, July 11, 2009

Good day

Today was fun. It is nearly over, as it is 9:08 pm here in London, and I am SO tired. After our coach tour of the city, Bobby and I decided to not come back to the dorms but to explore a bit around the city. It had a really great time. We leisurely strolled around the Thames, stopping to rest and take pictures (and laugh, of course) along the way. We walked everywhere, only getting on the tube to get back home. So added up, we walked about 7 hours. We're thinking we might be skinny when we get back to the states. That would be so great, wouldn't it?

It seems as though our friend Caley did get left behind at St. Paul's, and I haven't talked to her after that, so I hope she made it home okay. I felt guilty, but there was really nothing we could have done; she was late for the coach, and we didn't notice that she wasn't on it. We'll find out when I see her again if she's mad about our possible negligence.

I am enjoying London immensely. I love just sitting on a bench next to the water and feeling the wind and light rain on my face (take notice I said LIGHT rain its heavier counterpart I enjoy considerably less). One of the best things that happened today was this: we were driving through Trafalgar Square at the tail end of the coach tour, and our tour guide was mentioning that something was going on there and that something was always going on there. He continued to list all kinds of ethnic celebrations and religious observances blatantly excluding Christianity. When we got off the coach, we heard singing, and we were walking through Trafalgar Square to get to Piccadilly Circus, and right in the middle of the square was a huge Christian worship going on. People handing out crosses and brochures for a church and a band singing The Wondrous Cross. I was overwhelmed because I hadn't expected something that familiar to me and so happy that in the midst of all of London's diversity, Christianity still has its place. London's Christians are still evangelizing to the masses.

As I said today was fun. Tomorrow will be even more fun because we are going to worship at St. Paul's and going to see Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart in Waiting for Godot!!!! I'm so excited! We've been planning this play for months, and it's finally happening. Classes start Monday...we'll see how that goes.

I'll do everything in my power to post pictures tomorrow.

Love from London.

No comments:

Post a Comment