Monday, July 20, 2009

Back in London

Okay, so the stars have aligned, and the Internet is working again on our campus--at least for now. I just got back from a nice weekend in Edinburgh, Scotland. The weather was rainy and cold, but I got to wear my green trench! Also, I bought these adorable pink and white striped cashmere fingerless gloves. Our lodging there was much better than ours in London. When we arrived on Friday afternoon (after a 4 or so hour train ride that nearly killed me I believe) we have a very long, sort of boring coach tour of the city. Then we were free to eat dinner and go to sleep. The next day, we went to the castle and to the museum, where they have a real Viking skeleton. That was exciting to me though I don't really understand why. The next day we went to Sir Walter Scott's house, which is right on the Tweed River. It was one of the most peaceful places I've ever been, but my camera was dead, so I'll have to steal pics from a classmate to show you. Edinburgh is a beautiful city, and what I saw of the rest of Scotland was really pretty, too. Here are some pictures of it.
Edinburgh Castle
The view of Arthur's Seat from my room in Edinburgh
The view of the castle that greeted us as soon as we stepped off the train
Me at the castle

A street in Edinburgh

1 comment:

  1. you look so pretty in your green coat! i tried to send you a link about a giant cupcake in covent garden last week but i don't think the post went through. :(
    glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete