Sunday, July 12, 2009

Another Day

I'm sitting here reflecting at the end of another day here. It was a really great day. I still haven't seen Caley. I was kind of getting worried, but no one else seems to be, and she's not in the same dorm as Bobby or me, so it's reasonable that we wouldn't see her unless we had specific plans to meet up.

We went with a group to St. Paul's. Bobby and I were planning on going there anyway, and the group came along. The cathedral is beautiful, and the service was very spiritual. Our group however, thought it would be socially acceptable to get up and leave in the middle of it because they were tired of it. Not to mention they were making snide remarks through the whole thing. Bobby and I were irritated and talked about it when we left. We came to the conclusion that we shouldn't be mad or irritated, we should feel sorry for them because they don't know what it's like to love God and have the pleasure of worshipping...especially in a place where people have been worshipping for centuries. I took communion there, and I reflected on how many people have remembered Jesus and the holy sacrament of communion right there where I stood. That's an amazing feeling.

Next it was time for the moment we've been waiting for--Waiting for Godot (with Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart)!!! It was everything we thought it would be. Seeing such amazing actors perform together is a rare experience. Neither tried to steal the show or be the star; they just continued making each other look good, and they succeeded. It was THE most amazing non musical show I've ever seen. The set was gorgeous and the theatre was very ornate. I'm so glad we got to go.

We came home after that because we're both pretty tired. We at some sandwiches in the room and now we're down here in the computer lab. I'm guessing it won't be long before I crash. Tomorrow, I'll probably just hang around here since we have class. I'm hoping to be one of the smartest, most insightful people in my class. I don't think that will be hard since most of the people aren't English majors. Plus, you all know I'm known for my intelligent insight LOL!

Pics tomorrow.

Love from London.

No comments:

Post a Comment