Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Since the Moors

Mkay...
I've been resting up since my exhausting trip to the moors. The next day, I just basically slept all day. Also, I did a lot of resting on Monday.

Yesterday was a bit more eventful, though. I went to Leicester Square to get tickets for Oliver. I finally found some that were reasonably priced. Then I went to Buckingham Palace and watched the changing of the guard. That was pretty exciting for a few minutes, but it did get a tad redundant after a while. We are lucky enough to be here during the 8 weeks (the only 8 weeks) out of the year that Buckingham Palace is open for tours, so I stood in line for about an hour for a ticket and went it. I cannot describe how beautiful it was. Unfortunately, I can't show you because the queen doesn't want us to have pictures of her house. Buckingham Palace looks huge, but in reality, it's even huger because most of it is underground. No joke. I walked around like a hillbilly, staring up at the ceiling and even gasping sometimes. As I walked up the staircase, I pretended that I was going there for a party (lol) in a fancy dress and shoes. Anyway, it was more special than all the other random palaces and castles they drag you to over here because in those, they're like "This is where Henry VIII did this blah blah blah." But here, at Buckingham Palace, they were like "This is where the queen holds her ball every year." It just seems more special because it's still in use, and someone we've actually seen on tv uses it instead of some abstract historical figure.

So anyway, afterwards I met Bobby for dinner and I went to Oliver, and he went to Phantom. Oliver was really good even though they changed the story around a lot.

Today Bobby and I went to the Globe tour, and we bought tickets for As You Like It for £5. Then we went to St. Paul's and back to campus for dinner.

I've got a really eventful weekend coming up. Tomorrow the class is going to Bath. Friday a group of us is going to Paris for the day. Saturday Bobby and I (and maybe some more) are going to Canterbury and Dover. I'll let you know how it goes.

Love.

1 comment:

  1. sounds so fabulous! be careful though--i've heard a lot on the news about swine flu in Britain and i don't want you to get sick. miss you bunches!

    ReplyDelete