Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 2

Hello friends,
It is 6:50 am here in London, but I'm doing well because I was up at 4am. Probably because I went to sleep at 9:30. Straight up fell over from exhaustion. Yesterday, my friend Caley and I went to Pizza Express for dinner. This is a well known pizza chain with fancy pizza, not really like Papa John's or anything. Every pizza had like some weird topping or something. THEN I saw it. Cheese and pepperoni. To my chagrin, they had named this "the American." I did decide to order it, though. I said, "as much as it pains me to say this, I want the American and a Coke." He laughed, but not in a condescending way.

I'm very happy to be in the land of the best candy bars in the world. I ate an Aero bar last night, and I realized I had forgotten how much I loved them.

I have a friend named Jeanie who grew up on Lyttle Blvd with me, and she and her husband and daughter currently live in London near Notting Hill. I'm looking forward to meeting up with her and catching up. Maybe speaking with her will give me a little touch of home.

Later today, we're going on a coach tour of the city. I guess I'll let Bobby have the window seat since he's never seen it before.....lol

Love from London
Savannah

1 comment:

  1. mmmm...pizza.... i have never had british chocolate. sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete