Sunday, August 9, 2009

Finishing Up

Tonight is my last night in London. I'm going to try to stay up all night since we have to leave at 5:30 am tomorrow. I am very very sad to be leaving London. Words can't even express it.

Yesterday I went to Hampton Court Palace. It was so beautiful! I've always said it's the most beautiful place I've ever been, but yesterday, it was even more beautiful than I remember. Here's a picture:

You see why this is my favorite place in the world? I sat out in the gardens and read a book first. They have a maze in the garden that is really fun, and even though I was scared, I went through it. It didn't take me that long to find my way out. Then I went inside and viewed some of the rooms. Their theme for the summer is the marriage of Henry VIII and Kateryn Parr, so they had actors dressed as Tudor men and women and staged their marriage. It was really elaborate and cool. The day was beautiful. Afterwards, I went to see Adam (a movie with Hugh Dancy) with Jessica at the Odeon in Swiss Cottage. It was so good! It's about a guy with Aspergers Syndrome. If you get the chance, you need to see it.

Today, Rebecca, Ben, and I went to Wagamama for lunch. Then Rebecca and I went to Kensington Gardens and stayed there for the whole day. We came back to meet up again with Ben, and we finished out our pub crawl, so I got a t-shirt. I took my last glimpse of central London, and we got on the tube and came to campus.

I can't wait to see Cozy and all of you all, but I am very melancholy at this moment. I already can't wait to come back.

Love from London.

1 comment:

  1. i'm excited to see you but sorry that you have to leave! holly was over here today and she wants us all to get together soon (and maybe take a trip to louisville to see the other girls! love you--enjoy your last night and have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete