Thursday, August 6, 2009

Another Day

I haven't really done much that would interest you guys since my last post. On Sunday, I went to Fortnum and Mason and bought some tea to bring back to the States with me. Then I went to Eat. (a really good restaurant that just has take-away sandwiches and stuff that Dr. Flynn introduced us to last time) and went and ate it in Kensington Gardens. While I was walking there, I found a really cute used bookstore and bought an illustrated copy of At the Back of the North Wind from the 20's.

On Monday I just mostly rested. I finished a paper for class, went to class, and then Monday night we watched Jane Austen movies as a class--Emma (with Gwenyth Paltrow) and Clueless. On Tuesday, the class went to Syon House. Just like Kenwood House, it meant nothing really to Jane Austen, and I have no idea why we went there. Bobby was happy though, because they shot some of Gosford Park there. Afterward, we (me, Bobby, Shraddha, and Jessica) went to Westfield Mall, which is the biggest mall in Europe. I bought some pink leather gloves at Marks and Spencer that look like they came off the set of Shopaholic. I can't wait to wear them! After that, Shraddha and I went to see Coco before Chanel, which was a biographical movie about Coco Chanel in French with English subtitles. It was so amazing! It's definitely one of my favorite movies now.

Yesterday I went to class again, and Professor Rutledge said he absolutely loved my paper. I was shocked because I felt like that paper stunk, but he's not the type to give out false praise, and he did read it aloud in class, so he must have meant it. Dinner on campus was gross, so we went to Pizza Express for dinner instead, and then Ben, Rebecca, Shraddha, Cat, and I went on a pub crawl. It was a little bit of fun, but not that much. Plus we didn't even get a shirt because we didn't make it to all five. We are planning on finishing it this weekend, so hopefully I'll get a shirt then.

Today is going to be great! We're going to see As You Like It at the Globe and then Godot later this evening. PLUS Kaitlen's going to be with us!!!! I'm very excited. I'll be telling you all about it later, hopefully with some pictures.

Love.

1 comment:

  1. i'm excited that you found some shopoholic gloves! sounds like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete