Friday, August 7, 2009

Birthday Party Day

Okay. Let's start with yesterday.





It was perfect. Truly perfect. First, Bobby and I met up with Kaitlen and saw As You Like It at the Globe. We were groundlings, and it was so exciting! The show was literally (and I am not exagerrating here) the best performance of a Shakespeare show that I've ever seen or will see (I think). I want to go on and on about how amazing it was, but there are really no words to describe it. That cast will always be the definitive As You Like It cast for me. PLUS as if seeing a flawless performance and getting the authentic experience of seeing a show at the Globe weren't enough, the guy who played Orlando was the hottest man I've ever seen. Even hotter than Rob Pattinson. I swear. Here's a picture--not that I took but I stole it off of Google images.

That's Orlando and Rosalind being in love. Anyway, the actors were perfect. They reacted to the audience and even planes flying overhead. The experience was absolutely amazing. You forget you're standing up because it's so good. You really don't even mind it. And as if God were smiling down on us, the forecasted rain held off until we were at dinner.

After the show, we met up with Nick, who couldn't get tickets for the Globe, and we ate at Wagamama in Leicester Square. Then we went to Godot. I've already explained to you how amazing that was last time, so I'll spare you. Just know, that it was just as good this time. We fought the pouring rain to go to the stage door to see Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, and Simon Callow. We got a few autographs and saw some of the world's most talented actors face to face. OMG I'll never have another experience like that. Perfect Day.

Today was also really great. Even though I'm aware (as I'm sure you're all aware) that my birthday isn't until Tuesday, I wanted to do a little celebration here since, I mean, I am in London after all. I was planning a low key get together, and my friends really made it awesome. Ben, Rebecca, Shraddha, Cat, Miranda, and Mia met me at Harrods, where we got some fancy desserts. It was like Heaven in there. Desserts as far as the eye could see, and you can choose whatever you want! And they just give it to you (after you pay of course)! Like you're the queen or something! So we took our desserts to Green Park (Rebecca bought mine as a gift---awwww) and sat under a tree and ate them and talked and laughed and bonded and all that. Then we went to Adam's Rib for dinner where I, of course, got chicken nachos. Without my knowing, they had all gone in together and gotten me a really cute, fancy cake at Harrods and gave it to the Adam's Rib waitresses to bring to us when we were done eating. They even sang me Happy Birthday! And it had a candle on it! I was so surprised because I haven't been friends with these people that long, but they made a bigger deal about my birthday than anyone has in the past few years (except my wonderful family of course), even people I consider really close or even best friends. It was so sweet. I had such a great time, and I'm really thankful for it.

I'm going to try my best to post pictures of my birthday party tomorrow.

Love.

2 comments:

  1. i can't believe that you think anyone is hotter than robert pattinson!

    ReplyDelete